Communication Problems In Relationships:
Communication problems in relationships bring them to a state of limbo where they stop being dynamic in the sense of lacking all interaction between the two in relationship.
Let’s try to understand what it is that makes us feel like interacting through communicating with someone in the very first place.
Communication is mainly done through the tongue, the ears, the eyes, the movements and the skin.
We communicate with someone when:
- We love them.
- We like them.
- We are interested in them.
- We are attracted toward them.
- We appreciate what they do.
- We appreciate what they say.
- We feel they appreciate us.
- We feel they are good listeners.
- We enjoy communicating in general.
- We have a good equation between the two of us.
- We don’t yet know them well but feel like exploring them further.
- We assess that relating to them is important for some venture of ours.
Communication problems in relationships set in:
- We hate them.
- We dislike them.
- We are no more interested in them.
- We are no more attracted toward them.
- We no more appreciate what they do.
- We no more appreciate what they say.
- We feel they no more appreciate us.
- Either of us or else both are bad listeners.
- We are poor communicators in general.
- The equation between the two of us has gone spoiled. Either of us or else both may have serious complaints with each other.
- We have got bored of them and don’t feel like exploring them anymore.
- We assess that they are no more important for any venture of ours.
Why do relationships turn sour with time?
Even if they do not turn sour, they do tend to lose their passion as time passes by.
Relationships no more remain as dynamic as they were when they had just started.
In fact relationships turn static and start stagnating when partners in relationship turn static and stop growing as persons.
They also turn problematic when either partner or both of them change in ways that are not acceptable to each other.
They develop a kind of contempt for each other resulting in communication problems in relationships.
There is another very important thing to be considered here. There is a famous saying that too much of familiarity breeds contempt.
As we know such sayings are established words of wisdom, it must be true!
Hence it follows that if we come too close to each other in our relationships without giving individual space to them; it automatically breeds contempt for each other, again resulting in communication problems in relationships.
Why does it happen so?
Let’s try to understand this…
We are already bored of ourselves, that’s why when left alone with our own self we get bored.
Then we come in contact with someone else who attracts our attention. There is something different that we see as well as like in them.
We start fancying them.
Fancying is something very romantic. It’s not realistic. That’s why when (if) we start fancying ourselves, we turn narcissists.
When we fancy someone, we project their image as something bigger than life that we perceive.
We interact with them and then build a relationship with them.
After this we start coming closer to each other.
We come so close that we start identifying with them like the two being the mirror image of each other!
That’s because we never give enough space to them in our relationship so that a minimum distance is maintained for them to remain a different person with who we will always feel like interacting in order to come closer again.
But if we have already become each other’s mirror images through identification of personalities by removing every distance between the two of us, who shall we feel like interacting with and who shall we come closer to again resulting it communication problems in relationships!
All fancy is lost. Romance dies its premature death.
They start looking to us as petty and as mundane as we ourselves are.
How much can you communicate with your own self or else with your mirror image? That’s the biggest reason communication problems in relationships get set in most of the cases even without any serious complaints with each other.
We feel like looking for greener pastures elsewhere with someone else. Now that’s a totally different question whether we really go for them or not.
Do you want to do away with the relationship problems owing to communication problems in relationships that you are in?
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.